The monthly state allowances for several population categories will be increased by 300 lei. Thus, the allowance will increase from 950 lei to 1250 lei. A decision in this sense was approved today by the Executive.
Additional social protection measures, in the form of increases, will apply to the following persons:
- participants in the Second World War;
- former detainees in fascist concentration camps, ghettos, other places of forced detention, created by fascist Germany and its allies during the Second World War;
- people employed as civilians in the army of operations during the years of the Second World War;
- people who were in the city of Leningrad (Saint Petersburg) during the blockade (September 8, 1941 – January 27, 1944);
- people trained by local government bodies to collect ammunition and military equipment, demining the territory and objects during the years of the Second World War.
According to the data of the National Social Insurance Agency, about 179 people belong to these categories.