The “Mihai Eminescu” Romanian Cultural Institute in Chisinau invites theater lovers to the 7th edition of the Reunion of Romanian National Theaters (RTNR). The event will take place between September 15-28, under the banner “ARTISTS FOR PEACE, FREEDOM, HOPE”.
The meeting is organized by the “Mihai Eminescu” National Theater in Chisinau, with the support of the Romanian Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Moldova, the Romanian Cultural Institute in Bucharest, the “Mihai Eminescu” Romanian Cultural Institute in Chisinau and the Swiss Cooperation Office in the Republic Moldova. For the second consecutive year, the Reunion of National Theaters is held under the High Patronage granted by the President of the Republic of Moldova, Maia Sandu, and the President of Romania, Klaus Iohannis.
In the context of the war started in Ukraine and the real external threats to democracy and European values, the cultivation of freedom of expression and creation, independent thinking, critical spirit through art becomes a priority. Thus, the event represents a space of contacts between people of culture and spectators – a flow of artistic energies, coming from the Western world, as an alternative to war propaganda.
In this year’s edition, along with the host theater, 17 other theaters from both banks of the Prut will participate.
- The National Theater “I. L. Caragiale” Bucharest;
- National Theater “Radu Stanca” Sibiu;
- “Vasile Alecsandri” National Theater Iasi;
- National Theater “Marin Sorescu” Craiova;
- “Lucian Blaga” National Theater Cluj-Napoca;
- National Theater “Mihai Eminescu” Timisoara;
- The National Theater from Târgu-Mureş;
- National Radio Theater from Bucharest – Radio Romania;
- The State Theater of Constanța.
From the Republic of Moldova:
- “Vasile Alecsandri” National Theater Balti;
- Theater “Bogdan Petriceicu Hasdeu” Cahul;
- National Theater “Eugène Ionesco”;
- National Theater “Satiricus”;
- “Luceafarul” Theater;
- “Alexei Mateevici” Theatre;
- The Nameless Theater in Chisinau.
- As a sign of solidarity with the citizens of Ukraine and affirmation of common ideals, the “Ivan Franko” Academic National Drama Theater from Kyiv will participate in the Reunion.
The Reunion program consists of 24 performances in theaters, nine auditions of radio shows, book launches, film screenings, photography exhibitions, workshops and masterclasses, online events, discussions, etc.
More details and the detailed program of the Meeting can be found at: www.icr.ro/chisinau and www.tnme.md/programul-reuniunii