Prime Minister Dorin Recean unveiled the “Spor pentru Moldova” Program today, worth 1.3 billion lei (65 million euros), set to directly impact 170,000 individuals. The program involves budget adjustments to increase salaries for specific employee categories, grant salary bonuses, and boost resources for agriculture, road repairs, and regional development.
Recean emphasized the government’s commitment to support citizens and the economy, even in challenging times, thanks to additional resources from European partners, the USA, and international organizations.
Key highlights include:
- An extra 352 million lei to cover heating and electricity costs in educational and healthcare institutions.
- A 15% salary increase for all medical professionals, benefiting 48,000 people.
- A one-time bonus for teachers and non-teaching staff in education, benefiting over 100,000 people.
- A one-time bonus for law enforcement employees, ensuring citizens’ safety.
- Significant salary increases for cultural institution employees.
- Additional funding for road repairs, regional development, and support for farmers.
Prime Minister Dorin Recean plans to present the “Spor pentru Moldova” Program to Parliament for approval next week.