Chișinău, the capital city of Moldova, is known for its rich cultural heritage, and one of the best ways to experience it is through its traditional cuisine. Here are the top 5 best restaurants in Chișinău where you can try authentic Moldovan food.
- La Placinte – This is a popular chain of restaurants that serves authentic Moldovan cuisine. The menu includes traditional dishes such as placinte (pies with various fillings), sarmale (stuffed cabbage rolls), and mamaliga (polenta). La Placinte has several locations in Chișinău, and each restaurant has a cozy and welcoming atmosphere.
2. Vatra Neamului – Located in the heart of Chișinău, Vatra Neamului is a traditional restaurant that serves authentic Moldovan food. The restaurant is famous for its rustic decor and traditional dishes like tochitura (pork stew), zeama (chicken soup), and mici (grilled minced meat rolls). The service is excellent, and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
3. Carpe Diem – Located in the historic center of Chisinau, Carpe Diem is known for its cozy atmosphere and traditional Moldovan cuisine. Highlights include the ciorba de burta (tripe soup), shuba (beetroot salad with herring), and the platter of assorted meats and cheeses.
FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT NEWS, FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!
4. La Taifas – This is a cozy and welcoming restaurant that serves authentic Moldovan food. The menu features traditional dishes like zama (chicken soup), papanasi (cottage cheese donuts), and vinete umplute (stuffed eggplants). Moreover, La Taifas has a relaxed and casual atmosphere, and the staff is friendly and attentive.
5. Andy’s Pizza – While this restaurant is primarily known for its pizza, it also offers a range of traditional Moldovan dishes. Andy’s Pizza is one of the most popular restaurants in Chișinău, and its menu includes local favorites like ciorba (sour soup), placinte (pies with various fillings), and mititei (grilled minced meat rolls). The atmosphere is cozy, and the service is prompt and friendly.
Chișinău has a lot to offer when it comes to traditional Moldovan cuisine. Whether you’re looking for a cozy and casual atmosphere or a lively and festive one, you’re sure to find a restaurant that suits your preferences. Make sure to try some of the local specialties and enjoy the unique flavors of Moldovan food.