Social enterprises face a number of problems including the impossibility of accessing loans from banking institutions due to the current crisis and the lack of fiscal and non-fiscal facilities. In the study “Knowledge, attitudes and behaviors in the field of social entrepreneurship in the Republic of Moldova”, presented by Keystone Moldova, experts in the field of social entrepreneurship presented several recommendations to overcome these challenges.
Thus, among the recommendations formulated by experts in order to overcome the difficulties faced by social enterprises and/or social insertion enterprises, there is:
- The inclusion of social enterprises in financing mechanisms and programs related to social inclusion, economic development, rural development and the employment of vulnerable groups;
- Conducting initial and ongoing training programs for social entrepreneurs and civil servants with the aim of providing technical assistance and consultancy in the activity process of social enterprises and businesses;
- Coordination between different donors and public authorities regarding the provision of financial and technical support for the establishment or development of social enterprises;
- Creation of financing/crediting instruments for the social entrepreneurship sector. The establishment of non-banking institutions specialized in lending / financing social enterprises;
- Encouraging purchases from social enterprises through reserved contracts or the introduction of social clauses in the specifications;
- Establishing fiscal and non-fiscal facilities for companies that make purchases from social enterprises and thus contribute to local development and job creation for people from socially disadvantaged groups.
FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT NEWS, FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
The study “Knowledge, attitudes and behaviors in the field of social entrepreneurship in the Republic of Moldova” was carried out in the framework of the project “We capitalize on the potential of civil society for the promotion and development of social entrepreneurship in the Republic of Moldova”, implemented by the East European Foundation in partnership with the Contact Center and Keystone Moldova. The project is financed by the European Union and co-financed by Sweden. The project contributes to the creation of an ecosystem favorable to the development of social entrepreneurship in the Republic of Moldova.